The Controllers of personal data herein are Andrew Gray and Alan Good trading as “Southern Fried Hockey”.
Southern Fried Hockey respects your right to privacy and any personal information you submit to us whether through www.southernfriedhockey.com.ie (hereinafter called the “Website”) or otherwise will be treated in accordance with the EU General Data Protection Regulation and the Data Protection Acts 1988 to 2018 (as amended) (“Data Protection Laws ”).
If you wish to discuss any matters relating to the processing of personal data on the Website, do not hesitate to contact us.
Who are we?
Southern Fried Hockey administrative offices are at 236 Eagle Valley, Cork.
We provide hockey training services and camps.
This notice sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or from others, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Laws:
- The data controller is Southern Fried Hockey as an employer, as a service provider, and where dealing with suppliers.
Our data protection contact is Andrew Gray and he may be contacted at andrew@southernfried hockey.com
What PERSONAL information do we collect from you?
You may give us personal data or special category/
sensitive data by:
- Engaging the services of Southern Fried Hockey. Services Users supply us with information when they sign a new joiner form/admissions form which may include the following: Your full name; your address; your various email addresses; your various phone numbers including mobile phone number.
- your children’s data including photographs only where you have provided consent in the confirmation of parental consent form;
- Names of parents & players;
- Age profile of players;
- Contact information including mobile phone number and email address;
- Demographic information such as preferences and interests
and all other Data which you ask us to process on your behalf, or which is necessary for us to process in order for us to fulfill our role as providing a service to you;
What information about you do we obtain from others?
- Corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. We ask you to disclose only as much information as is necessary to provide you with services or to submit a question/suggestion/comment in relation to our website or our services Filling in forms on www.southernfriedhockey.com (our website) such as the contact us form.
- Applying to work with us. The type of information you may provide in your CV, a cover letter, your name, address, e-mail address and phone number. CVs should include information relevant to your employment history and education (degrees obtained, places worked, positions held, relevant awards, and so forth). We ask that you do not disclose sensitive personal information (e.g. gender, height, weight, medical information, religion, philosophical or political beliefs, financial data, photographs, pre-employment medical details) in your application
- Using our facilities. CCTVs are used on our premises to monitor health and safety standards and for security The Controller of the CCTV data is the owner / occupier of the relevant premises.
Why do we collect this information?
- When you use our services, we may obtain the following categories of personal data from others: to include Revenue, your authorised Representatives.
We collect the information in order to provide you with our services, to market our services, to communicate with you, to improve our website and to recruit staff.
We will use this information:
- To set you up as a customer on our systems;
- To provide you with our services.
- To create a candidate profile for you if you are a prospective employee or volunteer;
- To process employment applications, including by assessing qualifications, verifying information, conducting reference or other employment-related checks, and notifying you of future opportunities that might be of interest to you.
- To administer and improve our website and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- As part of our efforts to keep our website safe and secure;
- To measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- To make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our website about services that may interest you or them.
The legal bases for the processing of your personal data are:
- Processing necessary for the performance of a contract which you have entered into with us or to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract;
- That you have provided consent for the processing for one of more specified purposes such as marketing for example when you fill out consent to receiving marketing material and or consent for photographs to be taken and used
- Processing necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject;
- Processing necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interest which we pursue in providing you with quotes and proposals about our services prior to contract where such interests are not overridden by your interests or fundamental rights or freedoms which require the protection of your information.
The legal bases for the processing of your special category data or sensitive data (for example medical data) are:
- That you have explicitly provided consent;
- Processing necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject.
We do collect and manage information about children. The information is usually collected when children enter or attend our events. Where possible and appropriate we will seek consent from a parent or guardian before collecting information about children.
As stipulated in The National Vetting Bureau (Children and Vulnerable Persons) Acts 2012 to 2016 all Southern Fried Hockey staff, volunteers, voluntary officers and other individuals who provide services to Southern Fried Hockey and who interact with children or vulnerable persons must be vetted by An Gardaí Síochána.
Garda Vetting is a procedure through which An Garda Síochána is asked, with a person’s permission, to disclose any information held on Garda file. The vetting process requires the provision of verified proof of identify and proof of address by all vetting candidates and, subsequently, checks by An Gardaí Síochána of their records.
The purpose for processing your Data in this context is that it is necessary to comply with our legal obligations under the National Vetting Bureau (Children and Vulnerable Persons) Acts 2012 to 2016.
Videography and Photography
: When you and or your child attends an event with Southern Fried Hockey you may be photographed and/or filmed/recorded due to your presence at the event by Southern Fried Hockey or by any third party authorised by the Southern Fried Hockey. The images resulting from the photography, videography or recordings, and any reproductions or adaptations of same, may be used for promotion, publicity and/or other purposes.
By attending at Southern Fried Hockey for such events, you acknowledge that event run by Southern Fried Hockey is in a public place and that you may have a reduced expectation of privacy. While you have a right to object to your inclusion in any photographs or video footage, any such objection must be balanced against the legitimate interests pursued by Southern Fried Hockey and/or third-party media outlets and broadcasters.
As an individual, under EU law you have certain rights to apply to us to provide information or make amendments to how we process data relating to you. These rights apply in certain circumstances and are set out below: –
- The right to access data relating to you (‘access right’).
- the right to rectify/correct data relating to you (‘right to rectification’).
- The right to object to processing of data relating to you (‘right to object’).
- The right to restrict the processing of data relating to you (‘right to restriction’).
- The right to erase/delete data relating to you (i.e. the “right to erasure”). and
- The right to ‘port’ certain data relating to you from one organisation to another (‘right to data portability’).
These rights are not absolute and only apply in certain circumstances. You may exercise any of the above rights by contacting email@example.com.You may lodge a complaint with your local supervisory authority with respect to our processing of your personal data. The local Supervisory Authority in Ireland is the Data Protection Commission. The website is www.dataprotection.ie
List of services
We provide a hockey training service and camps.
We require the information we do
collect to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- The everyday running of our training and hockey camps
- Internal record keeping
We may use your data to send you information relating to our services, events and products which may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, please notify us to that effect, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We keep your Data for as long as is necessary for the performance of the contract between you and us and to comply with our legal obligations. If you no longer want us to use your Data to provide this service to you, you can request that we erase your Data and close your account with us. Please note that if you request the erasure of your Data:
Web browser cookies
- We may retain some of your Data as necessary for our legitimate business interests, such as fraud detection and prevention and enhancing safety
- We may retain and use your Data to the extent necessary to comply with our legal obligations.
- Because we maintain our records to protect from accidental or malicious loss and destruction, residual copies of your Data may not be removed from our backup systems for a limited period of time.
site does not use tracking technology, marketing cookies or any other non-essential cookies, and even then, only uses a minimal number of cookies without which the site will not function.
Do we transfer your information outside the European Union or European Economic Area?
We may transfer the Data we collect about you to countries outside the EU. Where there is no adequate decision by the European Commission in respect of any such country that means that that country is deemed not to provide an adequate level of protection for your data. However, to ensure your Data does receive an adequate level of protection we will in such circumstances put in place appropriate measures such as the use of model contractual clauses as approved by the European Commission to ensure that your personal data is treated by those third parties in ways that are consistent with respect to EU and Irish Laws on Data Protection.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your Data to third parties who provide a service to us, or who we sub process on our behalf with your consent or in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your Data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets or if we are under a duty to disclose or share your Data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or to protect our rights, property, or safety of staff or customers.
Currently we disclose your Data to the following providers:
Security and Payments
- Your Authorised representatives
- Third parties with whom: (i) we need to share your information to facilitate transactions you have requested, and (ii)you ask us to share your information.
- Statutory and regulatory bodies (including central and local government) and law enforcement authorities in order to comply with any applicable laws, grant applications and / or court orders
- Third parties in connection with a sale or purchase of assets by us:
- Service providers who provide us with marketing including online marketing services, Wi Fi services, website and online platforms, and subcontractors who provide a service to us, and sub processors.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
As payments are handled via Get Invited
Security of Information
We understand how important the security and confidentiality of your information is to you. Keeping customer information secure is a top priority for Southern Fried Hockey. It is our aim is to protect your personal data under our control.
Even so, Southern Fried Hockey cannot guarantee the privacy or confidentiality of information relating to you passing over the Internet. In accessing this website and in availing of any of the services/information available on or via this website, you accept and are deemed to accept that electronic mail messaging and Internet communication may not be free from interference by third parties and may not remain confidential. The use by you of this website is at your sole risk.
However, we do take all reasonable steps (including appropriate technical and organisational measures) to protect your personal data. You may inform us of any changes in your personal data, and in accordance with our obligations under the Data Protection Laws we will update or delete your personal data accordingly.
To find out what personal data we hold on you or to have your personal data updated, amended or removed from our database, please contact us email@example.com.
Some of the pages on this Website contain hypertext links to websites not maintained by Southern Fried Hockey. They are merely suggested websites which may be of interest to visitors to our Website.
Please be reminded that different terms and conditions of use will apply to you as a user of these websites. In addition, such websites may not have the same privacy standards that Southern Fried Hockey maintains.